Welcome to the Manchester Bears!
The Manchester Bears Football Club was founded in the summer of 1991 and is a member of the Northeast Junior High Football League. The Northeast Junior High Football League, which is currently comprised of 13 teams from Southern New Hampshire and Northeastern Massachusetts, has no player size or weight restrictions. Prior to the creation of the Bears, youth from Manchester and the surrounding communities who did not meet the weight restrictions of Pop Warner Football had no other options for playing football. Recognizing the need to offer an alternate program for these children, a group of concerned parents from around the Manchester area founded the Manchester Bears. In addition to providing a football team where larger children could play, the founders of the Bears had other objectives in mind as well;
- To instill in our players a sense of pride in achievement, discipline both on the field and in the classroom, and a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility.
- To teach our players that without strong moral character, success on the field is of little real value.
- To ensure our players understand that success in the classroom is more important to their future endeavors than success on the field.
- To ensure all of our players recognize that the discipline and work ethic they learn on the field can and should be applied to other areas of their lives
- To teach our players that as members of the Manchester Bears organization, they are members of the Manchester community as a whole and they should take pride in that community association.